Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 41

Thread: Eizabeth is a historical doll!

  1. #11
    Inactive Member annkirstin's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 29th, 2002
    Posts
    405
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by littledarling:
    Actually, they do fit together in it. I have them in it right now. They are such sleepy heads!
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Wow--I looked at just one doll lying the bed and couldn't figure out how you would get two in!

  2. #12
    HB Forum Owner moderator's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 20th, 1999
    Posts
    952
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I was super-skeptical about this being Felicity's Elizabeth, but the more people talk about it the more intriguing it sounds. Don't forget, those of you who check the filings, that American Girl usually trademarks the entire name. Maybe that will offer a clue as soon as they do that. I might check the site and see how soon after filing "Nellie" they added her last name (if I do, I'll add it on here). Anyone know/remember what Elizabeth's last name is?

  3. #13
    HB Forum Owner moderator's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 20th, 1999
    Posts
    952
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Aw, shucks. That didn't work...
    "Nellie" was filed October 8, 2003
    "Nellie O'Malley" was filed October 8, 2003 as well.

    It seems odd to me that if this is Elizabeth that her last name hasn't been filed for trademark as well, since Nellie's was. But this could point to nothin'.

  4. #14
    Inactive Member Grapedy1982's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 8th, 2004
    Posts
    400
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Elizabeth's last name is Cole.

  5. #15
    HB Forum Owner moderator's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 20th, 1999
    Posts
    952
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks! [img]biggrin.gif[/img] That will be great to use to look some more. It could be they're just trying to keep it a secret for now by not filing a last name. (Right now it's not there.)

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ October 02, 2004 10:50 PM: Message edited by: Melissa ]</font>

  6. #16
    Inactive Member sharlit's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 21st, 2003
    Posts
    293
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Could it be that both Elizabeth and Elizabeth Cole were filed at the same time but only Elizabeth cleared and thus is on the site? I don't know much about how trademarks work. Maybe Elizabeth Cole could show up with the same file date once it goes through? Or is the file date always the date they appear on the site?

  7. #17
    Inactive Member JAdder's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 31st, 2002
    Posts
    141
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have a feeling that Elizabeth is most likley Lissie's friend. Since they have really have head forward with the best friends since the popularty of Nellie (like anyone had any doubt) Mattel like when things are easy and sell more what a great idea to do friends and renew intrest in the older doll instead of making new ones. I think Mattel's first idea was to end the older dolls and introduce new ones that didn't work due to the uprising of Lissie so what to do the friends were the idea. New books and prime marketing.

  8. #18
    ponydreamer
    Guest ponydreamer's Avatar

    Post

    I think you're right, Nellie Girl. It would be so easy for them to get the friends lines going...not as much expense involved as creating a whole new historical doll.

    Someone stated in another post that Lissie is the third highest selling doll at AGPNY, and I would think that means much to Mattel.

    I am really, really hoping this works out. To be able to own Elizabeth, and more of the early American fashions, would be a dream come true!!!!

  9. #19
    Inactive Member AGTeacher's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 19th, 2004
    Posts
    2,197
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Well, I guess we will have to wait til Elizabeth is out, as they had informed me at AGP, the next Historical doll will come out in 2 years. But I am also thinking that they are bringing Elizabeth out because to lift the sales in the Lissie line.
    But if they also do this for all the dolls that will be you need to own like 16 Historicals! instead of 8! And all those clothes and accessories!!! that going to go [img]graemlins/money.gif[/img] ka-ching! for Mattel.
    I wish they brought Ruthie out! She is my favorite from the friends collection! lol!

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ October 03, 2004 10:37 AM: Message edited by: AGTeacher ]</font>

  10. #20
    Inactive Member Grapedy1982's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 8th, 2004
    Posts
    400
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Even though for Mattel, the bottom line is more money, it's VERY nice to see them re-committing themselves to the Historical line.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •